Anger is an unavoidable emotion. If not channeled appropriately anger will affect perceptions, problem solving skills, conflict resolution, self-management ability and impulse control. Anger can lead to volatile, violent behavior in our schools. Anger must be dealt with. It is imperative to be aware of the causes of anger, anger triggers, proactive strategies and resources, as well as limit setting, negotiating tips and more. This is a crucial and “must take” course for all educators. There is no argument that our goal is to create and maintain a safe educational environment for all.
Teachers enrolled in this course will...
- What anger is
- Causes of anger
- Anger triggers
- How anger interferes with problem solving and conflict resolution
- The effects of anger on self-management skills
- How anger affects impulse control
and Be Able To
- Respond to and prevent anger triggers
- Assess the danger and implement safe and effective deescalation and management strategies
- Utilize proactive resources and techniques to create a safe educational environment
Click here to learn more register.
- Teacher: Carol Bottstein