OCD, ODD, Conduct Disorder, Bipolar, Depression: These are common psychiatric disorders in school age children. There are children of every age, in every school, with one or more of these disorders. This course will provide all education professionals with the information needed to promote a successful academic and social environment for the student with a mental illness. Learn the warning signs, diagnostic criteria, treatment options, classroom interventions, social and academic pressures, as well as how to assist and support the family of a child with a psychiatric disorder.
Teachers enrolled in this course will...
- Common psychiatric disorders affecting school age children
- Definitions of each disorder
- Diagnostic criteria for each disorder
- The etiology of each of the psychiatric disorders
- Academic and social pressures facing students with one or more of the disorders
- Effective treatment methods for each disorder
and Be Able To
- Identify warning signs of mental illness in children
- Apply strategies and classroom interventions that promote academic and social success for students with psychiatirc disorders
- Assist and support parents of children with mental illness
Click here to learn more and register.
- Teacher: Carol Bottstein